RTD focus of organization
CARNets activities can be divided in three basic areas: Internet service provision, encouragement of information society development and education fo
Description of RTD activities
Development of advanced information and communication infrastructure for the academic and research community, including fast and safe network, diverse contents and services.
Improvement of education and science as well as of the work and lives of students, associates, lecturers and scientists by applying the information and communication technology, getting to know its capabilities and assisting in its implementation.
Stimulating information and communication technology implementation, and especially providing support to knowledge dissemination and information exchange as well as the development of contents available through the network.
Although CARNet activities are significant for the whole region of the Republic of Croatia, these are primarily targeted at the academic and research community as well as primary and secondary schools community.
Experiences in international Programmes
- CARNet follows activities of other academic networks in Europe
- CARNet participates in the work of international organisations that gather national, educational, academic and research networks
- CARNet stimulates integration of the Croatian academic community into the international projects in the field of research and implementation of information technologies
- provides coordination support to participation of CARNet employees in international projects.
- So far, CARNet has been involved in 2 FP6 projects: GEANT 2 (http://www.geant.net) and Floss World (http://www.flossworld.org/)
- Also, CARNet has been enrolled in UNESCOs project Space for Science.
- Currently, CARNet is preparing for participation in FP7 project GEANT 3.
Organisation is/was involved in projects funded by the following RTD programmes
Inserted / Updated
2009-02-25 / 2010-02-09