RTD focus of organization
Education, research in special education and rehabilitation
Description of RTD activities
During its existence, the Institute met a great number of challenging problems, but the engagement of a small and dynamic team successfully solved them. The activities were focused on:
- Preparation and making curricula and programs;
- Providing teaching staff to implement the teaching process;
- Creating a teaching basis for exercises and practical works;
- Organization of a great number of professional meetings on current topics with a great number of domestic and foreign professional participants with their professional and scientific works. During its existence, the Institute’s professional team has participated in professional meetings in our country and abroad and has published their work in foreign magazines;
- The Institute was the initiator for establishing and publishing the professional and scientific magazine “Special Education and Rehabilitation Theory and Practice” where the Institute’s professional team members publish their work. From the first edition of this magazine in 1997, the Faculty of Philosophy is one of its sponsors;
- Professional cooperation was established with faculties for Special Education and Rehabilitation in Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Tuzla and Moscow. Professional exchanges and study visits were carried out with students and teachers at several university centers and special institutions abroad;
- Professional cooperation was made with organizations for disabled people, with special institutes, schools and special classes at regular schools, with regular kindergartens, elementary and secondary schools, as well as with competent state organs in the field of health, education and social care. There was also good cooperation with media and active participation at TV, radio and in printed media.
Experiences in international Programmes
SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. In FOCUS – one of the main aims is change of curriculum and certain program contents at the Institute for Special Education and Rehabilitation for better education and rehabilitation of people with developmental disabilities, organized by TEMPUS – PHARE program of the European Commission with participation of the Institute for special education and rehabilitation – The Faculty of Philosophy from Macedonia and scientific institutions from Holland and Germany. Besides them, special schools, institutes and institutions from the quoted countries take part.
Duration: from May 2002 till April 2005.
2. Educative and social activities with children from Special institute in Demir Kapija, specialized towards deinstitutionalization – financed by UNICEF Office and it is being realized in partnership with Ministry of Labor and Social policy
Duration: from February 2001-2005 – a research and applicative project.
3. Serum immune-globulin and specific food allergies with autistic people in the Republic of Macedonia – in cooperation with the Institute for Immune-biology and Humane Genetics at the Faculty of Medicine in Skopje – financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia (No. 08-2214/4 from 15.07.2000).
Duration: from 01July 2000 till 30 June 2003.
4. HLA-DNA researches of families with autism in the Republic of Macedonia – in cooperation with the Institute for Immune-Biology and Humane Genetics at the Faculty of Medicine in Skopje – financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia (No. 07-1171/4 from 02.07.2000).
Duration: from 01.07.2001 till 30.06.2004.
5. The project for early detection and early intervention of children with impaired sight with partnership betweem the Institute of Special Education and Rehabilitation and two Specialized Institutions for children with impaired sight (“Bartimeus” – Holland and Institute for rehabilitation of children and youth with impaired sight – “Dimitar Vlahov” – Macedonia).
Duration: from 1998 till 2000.
6. The Institute for Special Education and Rehabilitation took part as a partner, together with the institutes and the Faculties for Special Education from Bulgaria, Great Britain, Holland, Sweden, Germany and Greece in the project for cooperation and exchange of experiences in the higher education in the field of Special Education.
Inserted / Updated
2006-03-22 / 2010-01-21