Description of RTD activities
The Institute of Economics permanently follows up the achievement of the scientific thought in the world from theoretical, developing and applicable aspects. The activity of the Institute of Economics is performed by 34 full-time employees, of which 12 held Ph.D and 7 held M.Sc. degree. Beside them, the Institute of Economics engages great number of outside research fellows of various professions and has formed a wide network of collaboration with related institutions from the country and abroad.
The Institute of Economics employees are specialized in different areas, out of which could be distinguished:
- Market research
- Corporate finance
- Local economic development
- Demographic research
- Monetary economy
- Macroeconomic research
The research in the domain of macroeconomics covers problems in connection with: economic and regional development; human development; economic system and economic policy; labour force and demography; international economic relations; foreign exchange, fiscal and monetary system; economics and developmen of separate economic sectors; economic infrastructure; spatial distribution and urbanization; mobility and allocaton of production factors; living standard of the population; production and ownership restructuring etc.
The research in the domain of microeconomics covers the following problems in the domain of: economy, organization and development of enterprises, investment, marketing, business policy and corporate finance, informaton systems, management and corporate governance.
The Institute offers and delivers research and consultancy services to the government institutions, economic subjects, international organizations, etc. The results gained from our own researches are published in many separate publications so that they become accessible to scientists and the public of the Republic of Macedonia and also can be used in the conception of the overall socioeconomic development of the country.
Since its foundation until today the Institute has worked out more than 400 projects.
Experiences in international Programmes
Institute of Economics also has a very fruitful co-operation with many other organizations and universities from abroad. As already traditional partners of the Institute of Economics can be mention:
Fridrich Ebert Foundation-Germany
University of Bologna-Italy
University of Cagliary-Italy
EU (PHARE and TEMPUS Program)
SINTEF The Foundation for Scientific and Industrial Research at the Norwegian Institute of Technology
Italian Institute for Foreign Trade-Roma, Italia
Institute of International Economic Relations-Athens, Greece
The most important international projects realized in the last 10 years are as follows:
- Summer school Globalization with a human face, Open Socirty Support Foundation, 2004
- Study on financial management in the units of local self government in Macedonia; UNDP, 2004
- Corporate governance - Deloitte&Touche/USAID, 2003 godina
- Financial management and internatiomnal economy, UNDP, 2003 godina
- Tacis Lien Program Phare Projekt 98-3029: Development of Independent and Autonomous Trade Union of Macedonia
- Phare-ACE, P 97-8089-R: Barriers to Small Busines Development in Slovenia, BIH and Macedonia
- Economic Transformation of Rural Areas and the Role of Microfinance Institutions: Comparative Analusis in Bulgarija, Albanija and Macedonia, 1999-2000, financing of RSS of Open Socirty Support Foundation
- Phare ACE Programme: The Role of Microfinance Institutions in the Devlopment of Sustainable Rural Finane within the Balkans, 1999-2000, P 97-8236-R
- Phare Credo: Crosborder Cooperation between Kriva Palanka (Macedonia) and Kustendil (bulgaria) for Turism Development, 2000
Inserted / Updated
2006-03-23 / 2006-03-23