RTD focus of organization
education and research
Description of RTD activities
My regular activities at the Department consist of: lecturing, laboratories, assessments, mentoring of thesis.
1. Basic microbiology
3. Applied microbiology
4. Microbial ecology
5. Chemical microbiology
6. Basic biotechnology
7. Human genetics
9. Physiology and genetics of microorganisms
10. Sanitary microbiology
11. Wastewater microbiology
12. Taxonomy of microorganisms
13. Industrial microbiology
- Publishing: preparation of new and updating of the previous manuals for the students
- Organizing and running the Laboratory of Microbiology
-Assisting undergraduate and postgraduate students working in the laboratory
-Organizing the first seminar of industry microbiology, march, 2003
-Preparation for publication manual for industry microbiology.
Experiences in international Programmes
Participation at workshops, schools and trainings:
• Study visit of Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics at Czech Academy of Sciences, 22.6.2001 - 5.7.2001.
• Workshop organized by Microbiology Department, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Greece, with cooperation of Food Safety Laboratory, Central of Public Health Laboratory Service, Colindale, London, UK, 18-20.10.2001 (participant).
• Workshop Water Treatment Training Course, in Sofia, Bulgaria, organized by Regional Environmental Center, 9-14 march, 2003 (participant).
• Seminar for Industrial Microbiology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Macedonia, and BioMerieux, France, march, 2003 (organiser and lecturer).
• Workshop Principi za proektiranje na procistitelna stanica za otpadni vodi, organized by Ministerstvoto za zivotna sredina i prostorno planiranje-Fond za zivotna sredina na Republika Makedonija and Institutot za voda pri Technishe Universitat from Viena and Biro Dr. Lengel- Viena, 20-21 march, 2004 (participant).
• Workshop “Chemicals as Intentional and Accidental Global Environmental Threats”, NATO Advance Science Institution, Borovec, R. Bulgaria, 16-26.11.2005 (participant).
• Workshop “Good blood culture practice”, Skopje, Macedonia, 16.03.2007 (participant).
• Workshop Principi za proektiranje na procistitelna stanica za otpadni vodi, organized by Ministerstvoto za zivotna sredina i prostorno planiranje-Fond za zivotna sredina na Republika Makedonija and Institutot za voda pri Technishe Universitat from Viena and Biro Dr. Lengel- Viena, 26-27 september, 2007 (participant).
• Workshop Commodity Identification Training, organizad by United States Department of Energy, Nacional Nuclear Security Administration, 1-4 october, 2007 (participant).
Participation in projects:
1. Examination of anaerobic fungi isolated from ruminants and monogastric herbivore animals in Republic of Macedonia. Ministry of education and science. 1.07.2000 – 31.06. 2003.
2. Isolation and characterisation of cellulolytic enzimatic complex from anaerobic fungi in Republic of Macedonia. Ministry of education and science. 1.07.2003 – 31.06. 2006.
3. Medium - celulose. Tempus-Phare, 2000-2002.
4. Isolation and characterisation of cellulolytic enzymatic complex of anaerobic fungi for extending the shelf life of bread. TUBITAC.1.1.2004-31.12.2005.
5. UNESCO - MEDCEL (east-west) project, 2004-2006
6. Screening of saponin rich antimicrobial extract to control pathogenes of tomatoes. Nato programme for security trought science.NATO project. 2007-2009.
7. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of selected anaerobic fungi. 2007-2009. Slovenia-Macedonia
8. Center for pre-clincal testing of active supstances (CPCTAS). FP7 PROJECT. 2007-2009.
Organisation is/was involved in projects funded by the following RTD programmes
Inserted / Updated
2008-05-23 / 2010-05-26