|» Environment Pollution (Measuring, Health) |
» Nutrition and health
» Food quality and security
|» Chemistry |
» Measurement and testing
Area of expertise (keywords)
» chemistry, analytical chemistry
» validation of analytical methods
» separation techniques, HPLC, GC
» solid-phase extraction
» phenolics, flavonoids
» essential oils, flavours
» food, plants, fruits, wine
» quantitative structure-retention relationships
» drugs, biological fluids
» environmental analysis
RTD focus of organization
Analytical chemistry, chromatographic methods
Description of RTD activities
• assay of flavonoids in plant material using chromatographic methods (HPLC, TLC, column chromatography);
• identification and quantification of phenolic compounds with antioxidant activity in food (berry fruits, grapes, juices, wines)
• development and validation of analytical methods for quantitative determination of flavonoids;
• quantitative structure-HPLC retention relationships;
• development of procedures for drug analysis in biological fluids by HPLC
• environmental analysis using chromatographic methods (HPLC and GC).
Experiences in international Programmes
• Chemical characterization of wild-growing medicinal and aromatic plants from Lamiaceae family and evaluation of the possibilities for their cultivation, Macedonian-Bulgarian bilateral research project (2005-2007), coordinator.
• Teaching and learning bioanalysis, CEEPUS (Central European Exchange Program for University Studies) CII-HU-0010-01-0607, 2006-2007, participant.
• Reinforcement of the WBC research capacities for food quality characterization, FP7, (2008-2011), CHROMLAB-ANTIOXIDANT: http://chromlab.pmf.ukim.edu.mk/, coordinator.
• Evaluation of the research capacity in chemistry and development of strategy for further growth in chemistry in general and in food science in particular, FP7, (2009-2010), SWOT-CHEMISTRY-FOOD: http://chemistryfood.pmf.ukim.edu.mk/, coordinator.
Organisation is/was involved in projects funded by the following RTD programmes
Inserted / Updated
2007-08-31 / 2010-04-14