RTD focus of organization
Breeding goals and programmes for sustainable animal agriculture, sustainable intensification and the development of livestock production systems
Description of RTD activities
- Breeding goals and programmes for sustainable animal agriculture based on optimal utilization of locally available resources; Breeding goals and programmes for small population of autochthonous breeds of animals (Animal Genetic Resources).
- Sustainable intensification and the development of livestock production systems based on optimal utilization of locally available resources to contribute towards rural development, food security and food safety.
- Breeding and selection of cattle, with an emphasis on genetic improvement of beef & dairy traits; Variance components estimation of traits measured in performance and/or progeny testing of bulls; Improving rearing and production systems at the farm level.
- Small ruminant breeding, selection and production, with an emphasis on goat breeding; Research on critical issues that affect the quality of milk at the farm level; Research on factors affecting growth and carcass traits in goats.
- Feed andd food safety; Implementation of GAP and HACCP at the pre-harvest level.
Experiences in international Programmes
2000 Coordinator (for Serbia) of special DAAD Project (Academic Development of South-East Europe) under DAAD supervision, Germany.
Organisation is/was involved in projects funded by the following RTD programmes
Inserted / Updated
2008-07-15 / 2010-01-21